On behalf of the organizing committee we welcome all the research groups from the state of Sao Paulo involved in researches about advanced oxidation technologies to the 1st workshop Sao Paulo-Germany of advanced oxidation processes. The joint workshop is an initiative of FAPESP and the German Research Foundation (DFG) to foster collaboration between researchers in Germany and in the state of São Paulo.
The workshop is part of a cooperation project between the University of Campinas (Brazil) and the University of Wuppertal (Germany). It will focus on the difficulties and drawbacks of the use of advanced oxidation technologies to treat wastewater. The topics include the interference of organic matter, scavengers, toxicity assessment and byproducts identification.
The workshop will also cover:
- The use of advanced oxidation for wastewater disinfection
- The removal of contaminants of emerging concern
- The formation of more toxic byproducts
- Identification of micropollutants in water and wastewater
- Identification of byproducts
- Influence of HO* scavengers
- Influence of the effluent organic matter and inorganic components
- Toxicity assessment