Paulo S Martins Pedro was awarded a Ph.D. (DPhil) title from the University of York, the UK, in 2000. Current research areas of interest are computer networks (Internet of Things) and real-time embedded systems (Cyber-Physical Systems). Other interests are image processing (segmentation), software engineering, reconfigurable, modal-flexible systems, and simulation (discrete and with agents). He has worked in both academia (USA, Brazil) and industry (USA, UK) including automotive, as well as military projects with the USAF.
Conference Vice Chair (SAC 2009), ’The 24th ACM Symposium on Applied Computing, Venue: Hilton Hawaiian Village – Hawai’i, USA, Date: 9-12/03/2009
• co-Chair (Real-Time Systems) (SAC11-track), The 26th ACM Symposium on Applied Computing, Venue: Taichung, Taiwan, Date: 21-24/03/2011
• Track co-chair (Real-Time Systems) (SAC10), The 25th ACM Symposium on Applied Computing, Venue: Crans-Montana, Switzerland, Date: 22-26/03/2010
• Co-Chair (HICSS-43), 43rd Hawai’i International Conference on Systems Sciences Trilha: Wireless Ad-Hoc and Sensor Network Mini-Track, Venue: Poipu, Kauai, Hawai’i, USA (The Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort and Spa), Date: 5-8/01/2010
• Track co-Chair (Real-Time Systems track) (SAC 2009), The 24th ACM Symposium on Applied Computing Local: Hilton Hawaiian Village – Hawai’i, USA, Date: 9-12/03/2009
• Publicity Chair (HICSS-42), The 42nd Hawai’i International Conference on Systems Sciences Trilha: Wireless Ad-Hoc and Sensor Network Mini-Track, Venue: Hawai’i, Hilton Waikoloa Hotel, Big Island, USA, Date: 5-8/01/2009
• Session Co-Chair (SAC08), The 23rd ACM Symposium on Applied Computing Sessão: ’Real-Time Systems, Venue: Fortaleza, Ceará, Brasil, Date: 16-20/03/2008
• Track co-Chair (Real-Time Systems) (SAC08), The 23rd ACM Symposium on Applied Computing, Venue: Fortaleza, Ceará, Brasil, Date: 16-20/03/2008
• Session Co-Chair (IWCMC), Intl. Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing Conference 2007 Sessão: WSN Symposium: Node Selection, Location, and Data Aggregation, Venue: Turtle Bay Resort Hotel – Honolulu, Hawai’i, USA, Date: 12-16/08/2007
I’m the director of the MARTINS Laboratory. Click HERE for the lab website. My background (MSc/ Ph.D.) is on computer networks, engineering of real-time embedded and cyber-physical systems. In the last few years, I have expanded my interests to other areas.
University of Campinas (UNICAMP)
Faculdade de Tecnologia
R. Paschoal Marmo, 1888 – Jd. Nova Itália
CEP:13484-332 – Limeira, SP
+55 (19) 2113-3422